The holidays can be a hectic time filled with preparations and events. All too often we find little time to connect with close friends, and even less time to pamper ourselves! And, this time of year, restaurants are full, bars are busy, and big parties can be so impersonal. Instead, plan a night in with your favorite girlfriends!
Recently, Kirsty and I hosted a “Girls Night In” complete with sparkling cocktails, festive blooms, delicious bites, and…manicures! What better opportunity to slow down, catch-up, and polish change?!
We mixed a bubbly, spa-inspired cocktail using Dry Sparkling soda, served “pie babies” from A La Mode Pies, and decorated with beautiful flowers from Thatch Floral. Mixing our own sugar scrub, we exfoliated, soaked and filed; finally polishing with Julep’s beautiful, long-lasting polishes.
As a special girlfriends gift to our readers, we are offering a fabulous *GIVEAWAY* for you and your bestie! Follow me at @whatjennwore, Kirsty at @thekirstyfiles, and Julep at @julepmaven to enter on Instagram. We are offering one lucky winner (2 lucky gals), a whole bevy of beauty products from Julep (valued at more than $100). Prizes include a “3 Piece Eye Essentials” set complete with cosmetic bag, “Royal Suite” 6 piece mini polish set, “Winged Glamour” 5 piece eyeliner set with sharpener, and “Gloss Menagerie” 6 piece mini lip gloss set. Entry is simple:
- Follow us both on Instagram
- Tag your bestie in the comment section
- Sign-up for our newsletters and leave a comment on the blogs for an extra entry
Fine print: contest closes Friday, December 23rd at 11:59pm PST. Winner announced December 24th. In order to be eligible to win, you must be following both participants at contest close. Open to US residents only. This contest is not affiliated with Instagram.
Stay tuned all week as we share more about our special Girlfriends Night In; including our “Ginger Glow Fizz” cocktail recipe, sugar scrub ingredients, and party outfit inspiration.
A very special ‘thank you’ to the following Seattle businesses who collaborated with us on this post:
- Thatch Floral provided the wonderful flowers. Email for special events and find her pop-up shop at Filson Flagship from December 20-24th.
- A La Mode Pie gave us their crazy good “pie babies”; they are available for special order in the greater Seattle area. Also, check out their Holiday Egg Nog flavored pies for a limited time!
- Dry Sparkling provided their new holiday flavors (ginger and cranberry) for us to mix. Check here for availability in your area.
- Julep is graciously sponsoring our giveaway.
As always, all opinions are absolutely my own.
Thanks for reading! ~Jenn (and Kirsty)
photos by Jessica Wood
Oh, and we could not resist these temporary tattoos by Tattly. Aren’t they fun??