It’s the time of year to start preparing for the online deals that have already started to crop up on the Internet. ‘Black Friday’ has seemed to have crept into Thanksgiving and even earlier this week! And, of course, there’s ‘Cyber Monday’ now too. Rather than get distracted by all of the chatter online, it’s important to prepare in advance…your wallet and shopping list will benefit! Below are some simple tips to keep your online shopping on track:
- Make your list and check it twice. It’s so easy to overspend when your purchase is simply a click away! Instead, take inventory of what you may need (think: holiday parties, winter activities, home decor, and even travel plans!). Make your gift list and set a budget. Family, friends, teachers, hostess gifts, your hair stylist, garbage collectors, mailmen, and more!
- Subscribe to mailing lists to ensure that you are receiving retailers’ sale notifications in advance.
- Search for promo codes prior to clicking the “purchase” button. Coupon Cabin, Retail-Me-Not, Deals Plus, and even Groupon are all great options.
- Ask your preferred retailers to price match, if you find a product for less elsewhere. They want your business and will likely agree.
- Think outside of the box when making your gift lists. Consider experiences such as travel, dining, classes, and other adventures. Subscription boxes are also a fun idea and there are options for everyone on your list (beauty, wine clubs, fitness, cigars, even maple syrup!)
Check back in later this week because I’ll be sharing deals from some of my favorite sites. I’m also preparing gift lists to help get your Christmas shopping wrapped up in time for the holiday!
Thanks for reading! ~Jenn