‘Tis the season for online sales a’plenty. In an effort to not get swept-up in seemingly too-good-to-be-true deals, keep in mind these golden rules of internet shopping:
- Only shop retailers you trust. My go-to’s include, but are not limited to the following:
- Free-shipping and returns are a MUST. Around the holidays, extended returns are critical for gift buying. If there are no free returns, ensure that you can return the item(s) to a brick and mortar store. Also, pay attention to estimated delivery dates to ensure timely delivery of your gifts. Keep an eye out for backordered warnings and, as the holidays approach, pay attention to shipping deadlines.
- No final sale…EVER. Enough said.
- Know your sizing and how brands fit. This is also important as you shop for those on your gift list.
- Search for coupon codes before purchasing. I always look for an item or enter the retailer’s name and “coupon code” or “free shipping” to ensure I haven’t missed a great deal.
*Look for “free shipping” offers from these sites.
When shopping large sites, it helps to refine your search. Be as specific as possible. If you know exactly what you’re looking for, use the search function. For larger sites, refine by your size, brands you like, color, and/or items (for example, size 8, coats, pink).
“Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday” deals seem to have crept in to earlier in the week, so it’s worth taking a peek before you sign-out from the office for the holiday.
Stay tuned for more of my favorite online sales and holiday picks coming to the blog later this week. Happy clicking! And, don’t forget to include your UPS delivery man on your Christmas list. ~Jenn